Nicaragua Volunteer Vacation
Monty's Beach Lodge
Enjoy a week or two in a remote fishing village of Nicaragua on this exciting Nicaragua volunteer vacation. Stay at a Surf Lodge where all meals, surfing, paddleboarding, boogie-boarding lessons and rentals are included. Then spend some time releasing turtles, feeding families, setting up a water filtration system for a family, helping in the nearby community centre, orphanage, elementary school, etc. Stay, play and change the world!
Here are just some of the activities you can be involved in:
Nicaragua Volunteer Vacation Sample Itinerary
Activities included in the Schedule.
Activities not mentioned but can be included.
Donations can be brought in your suitcase.
- Cloth/Washable/Reusable Diapers!
- Basic first aid kits families can keep in their homes
- Sports equipment.. Especially baseball gloves and baseballs!
- Fabric and sewing materials
- Gently Used Clothing, Hats, Shoes
- Reusable Grocery Bags/ Tote Bags
- Reusable Water Bottles
- Gently Used Kids’ toys
- Kids & Adult Daily Vitamins
- Toiletry packs
- Vegetable Seeds for gardens
- Notebooks/ Paper in Binders/ Paper in Duotangs
- Colored Pencils or Crayons (markers dry-up too quickly in this heat!)
- Wood Pencils with Eraser & Sharpener (*mechanical pencils often end up as garbage)
- Spanish books
- Mini White Boards & Dry-Erase markers or Mini Chalk-Boards & Chalk
- Magnetic English/Spanish letters for sentence building
**Please make note to remove all packaging. We do our best to not bring in extra garbage and unnecessary packaging from other countries which compound waste problems.
Cost of Trip per person: $1100 USD
Trip includes food, accommodation, surfing, paddle-boarding/kayaking, soccer/baseball/volleyball, local transportation, estuary/mangrove boat tour, Cerro Negro Volcano hike and Sandboarding, Sea Shepherd turtle hatchery visit, organization of volunteer activities.
Optional cheese/tortilla making classes ($10 per person), horseback riding $25 per person, deep sea fishing $350 per boat trip (max 6 people)
* ITINERARIES ARE VERY FLEXIBLE AND WE CAN CUSTOMIZE IT TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS *