If you’re looking for a paradise escape, Tahiti and its sister island of Moorea are two of the most beautiful destinations in the world. Located in the heart of the South Pacific, Tahiti and Moorea offer stunning natural beauty, warm hospitality, and some of the most luxurious overwater bungalows in the world. In this article, we’ll explore the allure of Tahiti and Moorea, and why overwater bungalows are the ultimate way to experience these islands.
Tahiti and Moorea are often referred to as the islands of paradise, and it’s not hard to see why. The natural beauty of these islands is unparalleled, with lush rainforests, crystal-clear lagoons, and black-sand beaches that stretch for miles. Tahiti is the largest island in French Polynesia and is home to the capital city of Papeete. Papeete is a bustling hub of restaurants, shops, and cultural attractions, making it the perfect place to start your island adventure.
Moorea, located just a short ferry ride from Tahiti, is a smaller island known for its jagged mountain peaks, turquoise lagoons, and picturesque bays. Moorea is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, offering a wide range of activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing, hiking, and fishing. Visitors can explore the vibrant coral reefs, swim with dolphins, or simply relax on the beach and soak up the sun.
Overwater Bungalows: A Luxury Experience
Overwater bungalows are one of the main draws of Tahiti and Moorea, offering unparalleled views of the surrounding lagoons and mountains, as well as direct access to the water. These luxurious accommodations are typically built on stilts over the lagoon and feature private decks, glass floors, and outdoor showers.
Many overwater bungalows also offer additional amenities like private infinity pools, Jacuzzis, and personal butlers. These bungalows are the ultimate way to experience the beauty and tranquility of Tahiti and Moorea, and are the perfect choice for a romantic getaway or a special occasion.
Overwater bungalows in Tahiti and Moorea come in a variety of options. From budget-friendly options to ultra-luxurious villas, there is something for every traveler. Some of the most popular options include:
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa: This resort offers a range of overwater bungalows, including standard bungalows and premium bungalows with private plunge pools.
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora: While not located in Tahiti or Moorea, the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is a popular choice for travelers seeking an ultra-luxurious overwater bungalow experience. The resort features stunning views of Mount Otemanu and offers a range of amenities like a private beach, an infinity pool, and a spa.
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort: This resort offers a range of overwater bungalows, including bungalows with private pools and bungalows with direct access to the lagoon.
Tahiti Overwater Bungalows: A Variety of Options
Tahiti is home to a wide range of overwater bungalows, each offering its own unique features and amenities. The InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa is one of the most popular options, offering a range of overwater bungalows that are perfect for couples and families alike. These bungalows feature private decks with stunning views of the lagoon, as well as outdoor showers and luxurious bedding.
The Conrad Bora Bora Nui is another popular option in Tahiti, offering luxurious overwater bungalows with private plunge pools and direct access to the lagoon. The resort also offers a range of amenities like a private beach, a fitness center, and a spa.
Moorea offers a unique twist on overwater bungalows, with some bungalows built into the lush tropical foliage instead of over the lagoon. These garden bungalows offer a more private and secluded experience, while still offering stunning views of the lagoon. The Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is one of the most popular options, offering a range of garden bungalows that are perfect for couples and families alike. These bungalows feature private decks with views of the lush gardens, as well as outdoor showers and luxurious bedding.
For those seeking a more adventurous experience, Moorea offers a range of overwater bungalows with direct access to the lagoon. The Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa is a popular option, offering bungalows with glass floors, private decks with stunning views of the lagoon, and direct access to the water for swimming and snorkeling.
The Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa is another popular option, offering luxurious overwater bungalows with private decks, Jacuzzis, and stunning views of the lagoon and the surrounding mountains.
Tips for Planning Your Tahiti Overwater Bungalow Moorea Trip
When planning your trip to Tahiti and Moorea, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Consider the time of year: Tahiti and Moorea have a tropical climate, with the rainy season typically occurring from November to April. If you want to avoid the rain, plan your trip between May and October when the weather is drier.
- Book early: Overwater bungalows are in high demand, especially during peak travel season. To ensure you get the bungalow you want, book early.
- Choose your location carefully: Tahiti and Moorea offer a wide range of overwater bungalows in different locations, from secluded private islands to bustling resort areas. Consider what type of experience you want and choose your location accordingly.
- Budget for extras: While overwater bungalows are luxurious, they often come with additional fees for things like meals, spa treatments, and activities. Make sure to budget for these extras so you’re not caught off guard.
- Don’t forget travel insurance: Travel insurance can help protect your investment in case of unexpected cancellations or emergencies.
Tahiti and Moorea offer some of the most luxurious and beautiful overwater bungalows in the world, making them the perfect destination for a romantic getaway, honeymoon, or special occasion. With their stunning natural beauty, warm hospitality, and range of activities and amenities, these islands truly are the ultimate paradise escape. By following these tips for planning your trip, you can ensure a memorable and stress-free experience in Tahiti and Moorea’s overwater bungalows.
Our Top FAQ's
The best time to visit Tahiti and Moorea for a stay in an overwater bungalow is between May and October, when the weather is drier and there is less chance of rain. The rainy season in Tahiti and Moorea typically occurs from November to April.
The cost of staying in an overwater bungalow in Moorea varies depending on the resort and the time of year. On average, you can expect to pay between $500 and $1,000 per night for a basic overwater bungalow. However, more luxurious bungalows with additional amenities can cost upwards of $2,000 per night.
There are a wide range of activities to enjoy while staying in an overwater bungalow in Moorea. Some popular options include snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, and sunset cruises. Many resorts also offer spa treatments and cultural experiences such as Polynesian dance performances.
Yes, there may be additional fees associated with staying in an overwater bungalow in Moorea. These fees can vary depending on the resort and may include things like meals, spa treatments, and activities. It is important to budget for these extras when planning your trip to avoid any surprises.