Tahiti is a tropical paradise that is perfect for a getaway during the summer months. One of the best ways to explore Tahiti is by taking a cruise in August. The weather during this month is perfect for outdoor activities and water sports, making it an ideal time to discover the island’s hidden gems. In this article, we will discuss five subtopics related to a Tahiti cruise in August.
The weather in Tahiti is warm and tropical, with two distinct seasons – the dry season (May to October) and the wet season (November to April). August falls in the dry season, which means you can expect plenty of sunshine and warm temperatures. The average temperature during this month is around 80°F, with low humidity levels and cool sea breezes.
The dry season is the best time to visit Tahiti as the weather is perfect for outdoor activities such as hiking, snorkeling, and surfing. The sea is calm, making it ideal for swimming and water sports. The island is less crowded during this time, allowing you to explore the beaches and attractions without the hassle of large crowds.
The Best Places to Visit in Tahiti
Tahiti is an archipelago consisting of 118 islands and atolls, each with its own unique beauty and charm. Here are some of the must-visit places in Tahiti:
- Bora Bora – Known for its stunning beaches and turquoise lagoon, Bora Bora is a popular destination for honeymooners and luxury travelers. You can take a helicopter tour of the island, go scuba diving or snorkeling, or simply relax on the beach and soak up the sun.
- Moorea – This island is a short distance from Tahiti and is known for its lush greenery, waterfalls, and volcanic peaks. You can hike to the top of Mount Rotui, go kayaking in the lagoon, or visit the Tiki Village Cultural Center to learn about Polynesian culture.
- Huahine – This island is less touristy than Bora Bora and Moorea, making it perfect for those seeking a more authentic Polynesian experience. You can visit the Maeva archaeological site to learn about the island’s history, go snorkeling in the lagoon, or simply relax on the beach.
- Tahiti – The largest island in French Polynesia, Tahiti is the cultural and economic center of the archipelago. You can visit the Papeete market to experience the local culture, explore the island’s waterfalls and scenic drives, or take a boat tour of the island’s rugged coastline.
What to Expect on a Tahiti Cruise
A Tahiti cruise is a luxurious and relaxing way to explore the islands of French Polynesia. Most cruises depart from Papeete, the capital city of Tahiti, and last for 7-10 days. During your cruise, you can expect to enjoy gourmet dining, luxurious accommodations, and a range of onboard activities such as spa treatments, live music, and cultural performances.
The cruise itinerary will vary depending on the cruise line, but most will visit popular destinations such as Bora Bora, Moorea, and Huahine. You can also expect to have plenty of opportunities to go snorkeling, scuba diving, and kayaking in the crystal-clear waters of the Pacific Ocean.
Onboard amenities on a Tahiti cruise can vary by cruise line and ship. For example, Windstar Cruises offers small-ship cruising with a focus on luxury and intimacy, while Paul Gauguin Cruises offers an all-inclusive experience with more of a focus on Polynesian culture and cuisine. Regardless of the cruise line, you can expect to have a memorable and relaxing experience on your Tahiti cruise.
To make the most of your Tahiti cruise, it’s important to prepare accordingly. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Book your cruise early – Tahiti cruises are very popular, especially during the dry season, so it’s important to book your cruise early to ensure availability.
- Choose the right cabin – The type of cabin you choose can greatly affect your experience on the cruise. If you want to enjoy stunning ocean views, opt for a balcony or ocean view cabin. If you’re on a budget, an interior cabin can still provide a comfortable stay.
- Try the local cuisine – French Polynesia has a unique and delicious cuisine, so be sure to try some of the local dishes such as poisson cru (raw fish salad) and grilled mahi-mahi. Most cruises will offer a range of dining options including Polynesian cuisine.
- Learn about Polynesian culture – Take the opportunity to learn about Polynesian culture by attending cultural performances and visiting local museums and landmarks. Most cruises will offer onboard cultural activities as well.
- Take advantage of onboard activities – Most cruises offer a range of onboard activities such as cooking classes, dance lessons, and wine tastings, so take advantage of these opportunities to enhance your cruise experience.
A Tahiti cruise in August is a perfect way to explore the stunning islands of French Polynesia. With perfect weather conditions and a range of activities to enjoy, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience. By following these tips and exploring the must-visit places, you can make the most of your Tahiti cruise and create memories that will last a lifetime.
In conclusion, a Tahiti cruise is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you won’t want to miss. Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or cultural immersion, a Tahiti cruise has something for everyone. With its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lush landscapes, French Polynesia is a tropical paradise that is sure to leave you feeling rejuvenated and inspired. So why wait? Start planning your Tahiti cruise today and get ready to embark on the adventure of a lifetime.
Our Top FAQ's
The cost of a Tahiti cruise in August can vary depending on the cruise line, the type of cabin you choose, and the length of the cruise. However, as a general rule, you can expect to pay around $1,500 to $2,500 per person for a 7-night cruise. Luxury cruises can cost significantly more.
The best time to go on a Tahiti cruise is during the dry season, which runs from May to October. During this time, you can expect sunny skies, warm temperatures, and calm seas, making it the perfect time for water activities like snorkeling and swimming.
Some popular cruise lines that offer Tahiti cruises include Paul Gauguin Cruises, Windstar Cruises, and Princess Cruises. Each of these cruise lines offers different itineraries, onboard amenities, and dining options, so be sure to research each one to find the best fit for you.
Some must-visit places in French Polynesia include Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahiti, and Raiatea. These islands offer stunning natural beauty, rich Polynesian culture, and a range of activities to enjoy. Be sure to explore the local cuisine, attend cultural performances, and take advantage of the many water activities available.