Pension Mave Mai - Nuku Hiva
Perched hillside, the Pension Mave Mai overlooks the picturesque village of Taiohae. 8 air-conditioned rooms are spread on the ground floor or first floor of a main building. You will appreciate the calm of the place and the beautiful views on the bay. Copious breakfasts are served on a large common table. Well located, close to the harbor, the market and other facilities, the Pension Mave Mai will make your stay a pleasant moment in the discovery of the island of Nuku Hiva. Convenient for independent travelers.
1 Hour 1/2 from Nuku Hiva Airport by 4-wheel drive. Beautiful scenery on the rugged mountains of the island during transfers. 500 meters from the pier, the information desk, snacks, fruit and artisanal markets.
Welcome with flower lei and fresh fruit juice.
Dining - Entertainment Features
Continental breakfast (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, bread, butter, jam, fresh fruits) is included in the room rate. No restaurant on site. Few snacks are open daily on the Taiohae pier (10 min walk from the guest house) offering Polynesian and Chinese dishes.
No bar at the guest house.
No conference room.
Free WIFI available in the living room.
Facilities and Activities
Free Activities : Library,
Other Facilities : Parking, TV/Movie Room,
No special facility for children.
Information on this fact sheet is subject to change without prior notice.
This establishment belongs to the official category of “guesthouses & family hotels”. The classification of these lodges has been set in order to clearly differentiate them from the ”international hotels and residences” category, based on the following key elements
– A limited number of furnished units, generally located close to the family home
– Facilities tailored to domestic standards, different from the international tourist hotels criteria
– Restricted catering, reception, and housekeeping service
– Limited staff, both in terms of numbers and professional training
– Reduced taxes Thus, any restrictive diets, special physical conditions, arrival/departure outside of regular Check In and Check Out hours must be communicated to us before the reservation is made, and are subject to the approval of the establishment. While it is true that the level of comfort can not be compared to that of an international hotel, the commitment to hospitality remains nevertheless professional.
Accepted credit cards : Visa, Mastercard .
Warning! There is no bank nor ATM on the island. We highly recommend to bring some local currency (XPF) for your extra expenses.
Air Conditioning, Mobile Fan, Housekeeping every 2 days, Private Bathroom & WC, Furnished Terrace,
A/C Standard Room & Continental Breakfast
Located in a modern building, the rooms of the pension Mave Mai are divided between the ground floor and upstairs. They all offer air conditioning and a beautiful view of the picturesque village of Taiohe.
Maximum Occupancy : 4A
Bed Configuration : 1 Double Bed + 2 Single Beds
Additional Facilities: N/A