Pension Maro'i - Mangareva
Nestled in the Gatavake Bay is the pension Maro’i. This family run guesthouse stretches out on a pretty wooded property along a white sand beach lapped by the lagoon’s waves. 4 bungalows spacious and comfortable are scattered in the flowery garden.
Conveniently located with in the waterfront, the restaurant serves delicious food made from local products that will delight the palate of the guests. Mary and her family will reserve you a warm welcome and accompany you in the discovery of their island.
The guest house provides only transfers by car from/to the pier of main village. 7 min away.
An additional boat shuttle airport/pier village is to be paid by the clients directly on spot : Rate is ABOUT 9€/Adult & 3€/Child (Rates given for information purposes only, subject to change without notice). Crossing time approx 40 minutes.
Welcome flower lei & fruit juice.
Dining - Entertainment Features
Meals are served on a common table. The guest house offers both half board and full board formulas.
Breakfast approx. 07h00 : bread, jam, cheese, fresh fruit, water, juice, coffee, milk, tea.
Lunch approx. 12h00: 1-Course Fixed menu (excluding drinks)
Dinner approx. 18h30: 3-Course Fixed menu (excluding drinks) Bar available on location (wine and local beers). Guests can come with their own alcohol.
Facilities and Activities
Free Activities: Bicycles, Billiard, Kayaks, Canoe,
Other Facilities: WIFI in public areas,
No special equipment for children.
Due to the remoteness and the low frequency of flights to this island, we do not recommend to bring very young children not acclimated with you.
Information on this fact sheet is subject to change without prior notice.
This establishment belongs to the official category of “guesthouses & family hotels”. The classification of these lodges has been set in order to clearly differentiate them from the ”international hotels and residences” category, based on the following key elements
– A limited number of furnished units, generally located close to the family home
– Facilities tailored to domestic standards, different from the international tourist hotels criteria
– Restricted catering, reception, and housekeeping service
– Limited staff, both in terms of numbers and professional training
– Reduced taxes Thus, any restrictive diets, special physical conditions, arrival/departure outside of regular Check In and Check Out hours must be communicated to us before the reservation is made, and are subject to the approval of the establishment. While it is true that the level of comfort can not be compared to that of an international hotel, the commitment to hospitality remains nevertheless professional.
Credit Cards accepted, except American Express. Warning ! There is no bank nor ATM on the island. We highly recommend to bring some local currency (XPF) for your extra expenses
Housekeeping every 3 days, Mosquito Repellent, Private Bathroom & WC, Shower, Furnished Terrace,
Bungalow & Full Board
The pension has 4 bungalows in total: 2 units in the flowery garden of the property and 2 units facing the lagoon. Simple, yet they are spacious and comfortable with private bath with hot water and terrace.
Maximum Occupancy: 3A or 2A + 1C
Bed Configuration: 1 double bed + 1 single bed
Additional Facilities: NO Private Bathroom/WC,